Ah… another year. I woke up this morning with joy in my heart and peace in my spirit. Of course I wanted to express it in my favorite way. Writing!
I have so much to be thankful for. I praise God that I know me – and love me! (That was a process well worth the effort!) I’m thankful for patience with myself and others. I’m thankful for a true loving giving partner in my husband. I’m thankful for my sons’ laughter and smiles. I’m thankful to do what I love – write, encourage and motivate others. I’m thankful for loving supportive family and friends. And I’m thankful for a hope in and love for Jesus that brings peace that passes all understanding.
Thanks for sharing in this day with me.
The older (and wiser) I get, the more my perspective changes. I get what really matters. It’s funny, when I was younger I was all about climbing that career ladder, getting my big break, being on my hustle and my grind, and making it happen – whatever it was. I still have goals and aspirations. Now, however, they take a back seat to things a thriving career, and a networking connection can’t get for you. In honor of the Thanksgiving holiday I was so blessed to celebrate with friends and family dear to me, here’s a look at some things I’m thankful for.
- A husband who cooks, cleans, is humble, and selfless. He’s an amazing daddy and an incredible marriage partner.
- Two beautiful boys who are my heartbeat. Their smiles, their unconditional love, and their innocent acceptance make me want to continue to do all that I can for them. My heart melts when they laugh.
- Parents who are living, love me and are an integral part of my life.
- Siblings who are now dear friends.
- Inlaws who I genuinely love and appreciate.
- The privilege to homeschool my boys. Yes, I am sacrificing much, but boy, is it worth the sacrifice.
- A place to lay my head, clothes to put on each day and food to eat. Truly things we usually take for granted. Truly things to be grateful for.
- My health. So very precious to be healthy.
- Joy! The joy of the Lord is truly my strength.
- Peace of mind. I could write for days on this one ……
- And last, but certainly not least, the love of Jesus that permeates my being and makes me who I am today.
I am grateful.
Happy Birthday to me! What a fun day to put out a blog. I appreciate all the wonderful well-wishes that I have received. I’m taking time today to enjoy and also celebrate me and all the things I’m thankful for! As I take a look back over this past year. . .
– I’ve definitely grown stronger and wiser
– I accept people for who and what they are, good and bad
– I love my family even more than before
– I love and appreciate me, even more than before
– I am pregnant with a passion for my purpose
– I want my timeline to be God’s timeline for my life
– I am wealthy with family and friends, and rich relationships
– I can’t see what more is in store!
If you’ve liked my blogs, and if they’ve spoken to you or encouraged you in any way, please “Follow” me. I’ve got some exciting changes in store!
Back to celebrating . . . 😉
Although tomorrow is the day we celebrate Thanksgiving, truly we have so much to be thankful for every day. Life, family, friends, and health are among the most valuable things that God has blessed us with. In honor of this day set aside to focus on being grateful for the grace and mercy of God in our lives, this article is perfect to share to get a jump on the holiday. May your day be filled with love and laughter. Happy Thanksgiving.
Shhh I’ve Got a Secret . . .
A word often taken lightly
A beautiful way of life
A liberty earned through blood, sweat and tears
A blessing and a gift
A concept many of us take for granted
The product of great sacrifice
Thanking God for the brave men and women who have fought to maintain our freedom, and their families.
God Bless You.