From my family to yours …. Merry Christmas!
Take time to show love on this special day . . .
My sister and I love to be silly and sing this song from The Color Purple to each other. I hadn’t seen my sister in months, and loved every minute of it this weekend. It’s got me thinking of all the wonderful (and crazy) things sisters learn from each other.
Things only sisters understand …
– Embarrassing childhood photos never go out of style
– You can want to choke each other one minute and overflow with love the next
– You can not speak for weeks and pick up a conversation right where you left off
– One word phrases from childhood brings laughter only the two of you understand
– Bringing up memories without words is the best!
– Sometimes a look or a smile says it all ….
Miss my sissy already
So many people are so afraid to share with others. They don’t want to share their knowledge, because then you’ll know what they know. Share their time, they’ll be behind in what they’re trying to achieve. Share their resources and what they have … less for them later. And then they’re looking around, wondering why they don’t have enough.
If you want more, the answer is simple. Give more. I’m a giver by nature. I love to help people, to encourage and uplift them, to give them resources that can help them, to give my time and efforts to assist them. And it comes back to me … in huge unexpected ways. Like all of the incredible free resources people are unselfishly sharing with me on my new homeschool journey; like a gracious new friend who invited me to her house and showed me her set up so I can see a homeschool in action; like the many beautiful Godly sisters who love me through word and deed; like my husband who gives of himself to our family every single day.
Giving pays so much more. Expand your borders. Be a giver.