We just enjoyed Independence Day … the United States celebrating our nation’s independence. It made me start thinking about how much people relish independence, being a “self-made” man or woman, being your own boss; in essence, running things. All are interesting positions to take. However, it made me pause and think of the importance of dependence … on the right things. I want to make my declaration of dependence … on God.
I depend on God for …
– Wisdom. To know what to do, when to do it, and how to do it. Without Him, I’d make some pretty messed up decisions.
– Patience. Left to my own devices, I would be hot-headed and unwilling to wait. But I depend on God to teach me the art of waiting while still working towards my goal, and allowing Him to fulfill it in His time and season.
– The ability to love others. People can be mean. Purposefully. However, I choose to try to walk in the love of God with others. It’s not easy, but the peace I feel is so worth it.
– Peace. I am at peace even when it doesn’t make sense to me. Only God can do that.
– Protection. The world we live in can cause you to be full of fear and anxiety. I am so thankful for every single day that God protects my family and I.
I hereby declare I will continue to depend on Him … and Him alone.