I can hardly believe it. Here I am on the precipice of yet another year. Another year older, or another year wiser, as I like to say. As I take a look at where I am in life, where I thought I’d be and where I want to be, I can’t help but be exceedingly grateful. I am so grateful for this life I live. No, I am definitely not at the point I envisioned in “my” master plan, so to speak. Yet I am so thankful to God for how richly He has blessed me. This past year of life was absolutely amazing.
– I had an incredible birthday celebration, courtesy of my loving husband
– We spent time with a number of our family members
– I was privileged to provide help and assistance to my mother
– I watched my baby start his non-profit organization, hold a drive to help foster children and win a school spelling bee
– I had a number of awesome freelance writing assignments
– My hubby and I celebrated 12 years of marriage
– I learned that slowing down, saying no and pulling back are not signs of weakness; but rather of strength
– I can love and accept people for exactly who they are – no more, no less – and not try to change them
– I grew to appreciate even more the lady I see in the mirror
Happy Birthday to me!