I was stressed. Neck tight, lower back ache, and head hurting. I hadn’t been this stressed in a long time, after months of carefully structuring my schedule and my life to avoid being overwhelmed. But somehow, this situation snuck up on me. And here I was, in a battle to regain the orchestrated simplicity (or organized chaos) that has been working so well. Just wanted to share a few very simple methods I used that did a world of good….
1. A nice, long, hot bath. Man oh man. If I could have taken a nap in there, I would have.
2. Laughter. I watched a hilarious sitcom and it seemed to just melt the stress away.
3. Ice cream. Everything’s better with ice cream.
4. Sleep. Underestimated. Often ignored. Things really do look better in the morning.
5. Reprioritizing. Yet again. But as long as I’m willing to keep doing it, I’ll minimize stress.
6. Prayer. Just a few moments of refocusing on God and His Word gave me the right perspective.
Ah. Balance (of sorts) restored ….